The funding worth over €1 billion aims to help scale up start-ups and small and medium-sized businesses that have the potential to achieve high impact. While over half of the funding is open to breakthrough innovations in any field, €495 million are earmarked for innovations that support the European Green Deal as well as digital and health technologies.
- Strategic Digital and Health technologies (Deadlines: 9 June 2021 and 6 October 2021)
- Green Deal innovations for the economic recovery (Deadlines: 9 June 2021 and 6 October 2021)
The European Commission also opened the EIC Pathfinder programme, with a budget of €168 million. Interdisciplinary teams of researchers can apply for research and innovation grants that will support them to realise their breakthrough ideas and have a transformative positive effect on our economy and society. The grants that vary from €3 to €4 million will focus on game-changing technologies that will address global challenges and improve our lives.
- EIC Pathfinder Open 2021 (Deadline: 19 May 2021)
Other EIC calls include:
- EU Prize for Women Innovators (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- The European Capital of Innovation Awards (Deadline: 15 July 2021)
The full EIC Work Programme is accessible here.
If you have any queries, please contact the Malta Council for Science and Technology on email@example.com